Department Of Ophthalmology
Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine that deals with the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eye. An ophthalmologist is a specialist in medical and surgical eye problems. Ophthalmology includes sub-specialities which deal either with certain diseases or diseases of certain parts of the eye.
Services & Treatment
- • Retinal Ophthalmology - emphasis on LASER treatment of the retina and actual retinal surgery
- • Cataracts - not usually considered a subspecialty per se, since most general ophthalmologists perform cataract surgery
- • Cornea, Ocular Surface and External Disease
- • Glaucoma
- • Medical Retina deals with treatment of retinal problems through non-surgical means
- • Ocular Oncology
- • Vitreo-retinal Surgery deals with surgical management of retinal and posterior segment diseases and disorders.
- • Medical Retina and Vitreo-retinal Surgery sometimes together called posterior segment subspecialisation